First, LucasArts announced that the game will be released in the United States on September 16th and will be out in Southeast Asia, Australia, and Europe on the 19th. I can't wait! The game will have different style of play customized for each platform that it is played on, for instance the Wii version will allow us to use the Wii-mote like a Lightsaber.
I'm still bummed that this game unlike the ones in the past seem to only allow you to follow a dark path. I really enjoyed it when they put in the choice on which path the player could walk down. Games like Knights of the Republic were really neat to see how things change depending on whether you go dark or light. In force unleashed it appears that they only give you the choice to walk down the dark side of the path playing as Vader's secret apprentice helping him to hunt down renegade Jedi. Though I'm still holding out hope that maybe there would be a plot twist in the game where you could make some choices that could allow you to help the rebels.
Second, Spike TV will be showing a Star Wars extravaganza starting Friday, April 4th through Sunday April 13th. During this extravaganza they will air a Star Wars marathon including all six episodes starting with The Phantom Menace and concluding with Return of The Jedi. This is cool but the more exciting news is to come.
Spike TV will also be showing featuretts giving us details about the game Star wars: The Force Unleashed. The best part is LucasArts gave us a schedule for when each feature will be showing:
- April 6 at 7:58 p.m. ET/PT -- between the premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- April 11 at 10:52 p.m. ET/PT -- At the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- April 12 at 12:00 a.m. ET/PT -- throughout an episode of GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley filmed at LucasArts' headquarters in San Francisco
- April 12 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT -- before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- April 13 at 5:06 p.m. ET/PT -- before Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
This Rules, I can't wait only a few days to go till Sunday. I hope that they put these up on the web too for those of us who don't subscribe to appointment TV. I will let you know more as I find out! For now LucasArts has released six stills two of which are in this article. To see all six follow the via link below.
The game is available for order on these platforms:
- Wii $49.99
- X-Box $59.99
- PlayStation 3 $59.99
- PlayStation 2 $39.99
- Sony PSP $39.99
- Nintendo DS $34.99