Here is my first video to share with the new dashpunk. The Buffy Fly Away video was started five years ago right after the death of someone close to me died. I have tried to work on this video numerous times but never good really give it all my effort because my thought would return to that bad time in my life. This the third and final cut of this video. Remember, there is no shame in grief.
Indiana Jones Wanted Dead Or Alive
I’ve been thinking about doing a Indiana Jones video for a while and came across this vid by Jesuit.
A video in tribute to the latest Indy adventure concerning a Crystal Skull. Footage from all the first three movies (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade) set to Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive. Because Jonesy is a cowboy with his steel horses and whatnot. Inspiration came from an Adam Monroe video I saw set to Behind Blue Eyes, a splitscreen masterpiece which I've recreated best to my ability before slapping some Olde film grain effects on top. As usual with film grain effects though, Youtube butchered it into undetailed blurriness.
It is a perfect example of how to cut clips to the beat of the song. I would love to see a follow up video to Bon Jovi’s ”Blaze Of Glory”.
Doctor Who David Tennant Tribute Vid
I've been trying to find a way to honor Ten and his years after "The End of Time", and this felt like a nice way of doing it. Hopefully, I've made him justice.
This vid is a fun nostalgic return to the adventures of the 10th Doctor Who. The use of Come Sail Away was a good touch to help set the mood. The vid features many of the Doctors companions: Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Sarah Jones, Captain Jack, Jenny and even River Song.
He had such favorable reactions (MUCH love for everyone who commented! Seriously, I can't thank you enough) and I just loved him so much in it that I couldn't just cut him. And, in fact, this turned out to be a very good decision once I managed to figure out an ending for his "B plot", which made a pretty good ending for the vid itself… when the Doc regenerates, his older self isn't gone, he just stays home and watches his current self on the TV. ;)
di0br uses Christopher Eccleston the 9th doctor to knit together all of the other parts of the video. Setting him as someone watching the other vids on a TV flipping channels as a transition between songs. I would have loved to see a moment when Eccleston changed the channel and had Tennant telling him not to blink.
At 7 minutes long it seems long at first but worth watching. The length works as a tribute vid. I would like to see some of the parts made into individual vids themselves.
- “It's the end of the world as we know it” would make a fun vid there are so many scenes to pull from in addition to the ones feature here.
- "Bohemian rhapsody" the use of it with clips from Human Nature was brilliant. I would love to see it expanded to a full vid in itself adding clips from Utopia as well. The anguish of the Master before he is let go would add an interesting element and pull the two events together through the watches.
- A Jack Tubthumping vid just writes it’s self
- "Sympathy for the devil" I wished this song started with Mr Saxon and want a vid of that featuring Mr Saxon and the Master
- Last but not least "I think I'm a clone now" would make a hilarious vid not only looking at the multiple doctors but also the master when he reproduced himself in The End of Time and also use Jenny the Doctors daughter.
FULL TRACK LIST: "Come sail away" by Styx "Kung Fu fighting" by Carl Douglas "Girls just wanna have fun" by Cyndi Lauper "My humps" by the Black Eyed Peas "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M. "All by myself" by Air Supply [*ahem* OOPS evidently, this song is by Eric Carmen, not Air Supply. HUGE thanks to newwen07 for pointing that out to me ;)] "Bohemian rhapsody" by Queen "F**k you" by Lily Allen "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba "Sympathy for the devil" by the Rolling Stones "Lady in red" by Chris DeBurgh "No rain" by Blind Melon "Time after time" by Cyndi Lauper "I think I'm a clone now" by Weird Al Yankovic "Without me" by Eminem "How far we've come" by Matchbox 20 "Changes" by Butterfly Boucher feat. David Bowie PLUS "Vogue" by Madonna and "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley
Joss Whedon Directing An Episode of Glee
Joss Whedon has agreed to direct one of the back nine episodes that Fox just ordered. -EW
This comes as bitter-sweet news since Fox will be canceling Dollhouse.
Joss is a big fan of Glee which comes as no big surprise for several reasons.
- The show rocks!
- The music is great
- The messages behind the story is both challenging and edifying
I’m stoked to find Joss is directing an episode. He is brilliant director who also shares in a passion for music. His episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Once More, with Feeling and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog are testaments to his acumen in that field. Personally I hope the episode he directs is the one where Will and Finn find out that they have been lied to about their fatherhood.
The bitter part of this news is that it comes out on the back of Fox’s announcement of canceling Dollhouse. I have been silent so far on this subject because I feel a long string of expletives wont solve any thing.
If Fox thinks this move will appease the fans for all of the BS over Dollhouse then they are more foolish then originally believed. There is a coming storm but Fox will find it a quiet one. Fox doesn’t respect Joss, they don’t respect the fans and so I will not support them. They are lucky that Glee is over there it’s the last Fox show I watch. They should thanks their lucky stars that they didn’t cancel Glee like they originally wanted to before it got a chance to air.
On the plus side Joss is free of them once again and I hope that he goes independent with Dollhouse or at least with his next project. I can’t wait for Doctor Horrible 2 and other projects out of Joss Whedon Digital Studio.
Weekend Crafts: Buffy Summers Papercraft
I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and now we can craft our own Buffy Summers for our desktop. This is a more advanced crafting project but not impossible thanks to Ninjatoes’ papercraft who was nice enough to come up with clear instructions and printable templates.
There are 68 steps and you will need:
- to get the instructions and printable templates here.
- thicker paper (160-200 gsm)
- craft knife
- cutting mat
There is also a great discussion in the comments section on lengthening Buffy's neck which I liked seeing from those who have already crafted this project.
Enjoy and send me your pictures of the final project.
DVD Releases: February 24th, 2009
Out this week February 24th, 2009 we have 5 DVD releases and 1 Album to feature: Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder, Cyclops, Haunting of Molly Hartley, The Lair : Season 2, The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice, and Earth's Blood
- Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder: ahhh yea chumps and chumpets the next in the Futurama movie series is out! I have really enjoyed the others in the series so I’m really looking forward to this one as well. This is an owner! While humanity awaits the magnificent new Green Age, ancient forces return to screw up everything, leaving Fry as the best hope for the universe. Meanwhile, Fry also falls for a married fembot, and Leela goes on the run from Zapp Brannigan.
- For more on Futurama read here!
- Cyclops: OMG this is here because I can’t resist the temptation to rent it: A cyclops and bad roman references, and look at the cover image, what more do you need! Read the description and tell me can you resist the temptation to watch this flick. When a cyclops terrorizes the ancient Roman countryside, treacherous emperor Tiberius sends his best general, Marcus, to capture the creature and bring it back to Rome to appear in the gladiatorial games. But when Tiberius also banishes Marcus to the games, the soldier teams up with the cylcops to overthrow the wretched ruler. It may be bad, It may be good, It could even be craptastic! I will have to find out.
- Haunting of Molly Hartley: This thriller failed to interest me when out in the theaters and did not even make it to my rental list I put out the challenge to debate me on the good qualities of this movie and I received silence. Last chance: if you have seen this and it is good let me know why I should watch it?
- For more on the Haunting of Molly Hartley and my full position on the movie read: In Theater: The Haunting of Molly Hartley
- The Lair : Season 2: A spin off of the smash hit Dante’s Cove, the Lair is a secret club for the vampire’s of the cove where they can explore their darkest and most erotic desires. Season two picks up where one left off with many unanswered questions about the secret club, the future of its members, a mysterious plant and a deadly werewolf terrorizing local residents. This series is a steamy gay-themed vampire series.
- The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice: I’m curious about this series. I haven’t seen any of the movies yet but this is a renter mainly because it has vampires, what can I say I’m a sucker for vampire flicks. If you have seen this let me know what you thought. Librarian Flynn Carsen must rescue a kidnapped scholar and track down the legendary Judas Chalice to save the world from a dangerous vampire, in the third installment of this popular adventure film series. Carsen teams up with a mysterious woman and sets out for New Orleans, hoping to find the powerful chalice before it falls into the hands of a cult that believes it can revive the infamous Vlad Dracul.
- Earth's Blood: A new album from the band God Forbid. Track Listing: The Discovery, The Rain, Empire Of The Gun, War Of Attrition, The New Clear, shallow, Walk Alone, Bat The Angels, Earth’s blood, Gaia (The Vultures).
- Hear more about Earth’s blood on the Project: Shadow Informant podcast P:SI #265 “Fire, Retire, Do’s and Do’hs”
Netflix lets you rent, watch and return DVDs from home - Try free for 2 weeks
Don't wait. Guarantee your seat before you go and avoid a sold out show. Skip the box office lines and buy movie tickets at Fandango.com.