The Glee of Knowing Thy Self
We held a Glee party to celebrate their return with the episode Hell-O. What an excellent episode to return with. Glee is a great show with overall themes of the underdog story and follow your bliss. I give Hell-o a 9 out of 10. For the audio review check out Fandom Today #451 “Who Will Help The Sane”.
Exploring Glee episode 14 Hell-O
In Hell-O we get back into the show with a wonderful meta moment. The students get an assignment from Mr. Schuester to say hello but in a different way while the entire episode is a way of saying hello to the audience in a way different from how it is typically done.
Know Thy Self
This reoccurring theme and obstacle moves to the fore front. Part of being able to follow ones bliss is knowing who you are, what really makes you happy, and what do you stand for. Knowing this helps gives strength and direction when life gets confusing.
Many of the characters had to go through this in realizing their love of music and singing, being able to stand up and say glee makes me happy and is more important than popularity in school.
Hell-O points out that though one may have a self-realization moment it is not the end of the journey but merely an accomplishment along the way. The celebration gets cold slushy in the face which was supposed to wake them up. Finn, Will and Rachel in particular must discover who they are or face more problems beyond those already brought up in this episode.
One of my favorite scenes in Hell-O took place in the sheet music store two people were playing the piano and singing. Then out of the blue there were others chiming in with additional instruments. When this happened I cried out “Sneaky Bandies!” We all laughed.
I could not count all the moments when that very scene happened in real life. I have known many bandies over the years and they have an ability to sense music moments. Drawn toward them they are able to produce the instruments out of thin air and join in.
Eric knew a guy in high school who would go to the local mall sit down at the piano in the music shop and start playing. Bandies would pop out of the wood work with instruments in hand and join in. I even witnessed this one day while walking through the mall and found some of the friends in my company had vanished only to be found playing along in the sheet music store.
- "Hello" by Lionel Richie
- "Hello, I Love You" by The Doors: Finn did an amazing cover. Morrison’s version of this song is dripping with sarcasm and sex where as Finn’s version is introspective and dripping with disdain. The disdain in his voice gives a fresh twist and becomes a very introspective moment into Finns thinking and character.
- "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects: Rachel’s version of the song got me to like it. Watch the Video below.
- "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC really well done I was pleasantly surprised
- "Hello Again" by Neil Diamond and
- "Hello, Goodbye" by The Beatles.
Exploring: Glee Season 2
I'm so excited that Glee is returning with a new season! This is one of the best shows that is also not your typical musical show. What makes Glee so great is it's engaging story line, many characters to care about, great lessons like follow your bliss and be who you are, promotion of mashups and singing that is often better than the original scores.
What will Season Two Bring
- Everyone in New Directions (Schuester's Glee Club) is preparing for the Regional competition against their main opponents Vocal Adrenaline
- Kurt will find a boyfriend
- The Finn and Rachel relationship will take some rocky turns: Rachel starts dating the star of Vocal Adrenaline Jesse St. James as he comes between them meanwhile Sue will have Santana Lopez and Brittany try to seduce Finn.
- We will get to see how Will Schuester and Emma Pillsbury handles their relations ship in the aftermath of Will's divorce and with both admitting openly their feelings for each other.
- April Rhodes will return hopefully with a successful story about her time on Broadway.
- Olivia Newton-John will make a guest appearance this season. She will join Sue Sylvester in a musical number together.
- The Power of Madonna is the second episode of season two featuring 10 Madonna covers! We will also get to see Sue go gaga over Madonna which I love to see Sue excited over anything other then destroying and strong arming others.
Glee Season two premiers April 13th
Glee: Sue's Corner: Sneaky Gays
I can't wait for Glee to come back on April 13th. We are planning a premiere party here. What better way to get ready for Glee than a new Sue's Corner:
I never thought I would ever say this, but I agree with Sue Sylvester, but I do.
Be out and proud! People need to know that we are living among them. The more used to us they are, the harder it will be for them to hate us. Let your light shine, and never forget to be who you are.
SF News Bites: Glee, Merlin, Iron Man 2 and Stone Age Medicine
Season two brings us hope and promise for Kurt to find a new boyfriend. I'm excited over this prospect because Glee has a track record of being very respectful in their portrayal of minorities. In addition to that they have done such a great job in representing Kurt as a gay character especially in the episode when he comes out to his friends and family. (via 365gay)
Iron Man 2
For those chomping at the bit to see anything out for Iron Man2 there is a gallery of pictures via Filmonic. They are stills of the main images represented in the trailer Iron Man 2 Official Trailer and video.
AD/DC has a new album due to release April 19th called AC/DC: Iron Man 2. It's a collection of their songs to be featured in Iron Man 2. Preorder your copy here: Iron Man 2 (Deluxe CD/ DVD Package). They have also posted a video of "Shoot To Thrill." (via AC/DC)
Stone Age Medicine
Bit of Odd news, stone age medicine more advanced than thought. Evidence found to show amputation performed in sterile conditions (via Unexplained Mysteries)
Joss Whedon Directing An Episode of Glee
Joss Whedon has agreed to direct one of the back nine episodes that Fox just ordered. -EW
This comes as bitter-sweet news since Fox will be canceling Dollhouse.
Joss is a big fan of Glee which comes as no big surprise for several reasons.
- The show rocks!
- The music is great
- The messages behind the story is both challenging and edifying
I’m stoked to find Joss is directing an episode. He is brilliant director who also shares in a passion for music. His episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Once More, with Feeling and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog are testaments to his acumen in that field. Personally I hope the episode he directs is the one where Will and Finn find out that they have been lied to about their fatherhood.
The bitter part of this news is that it comes out on the back of Fox’s announcement of canceling Dollhouse. I have been silent so far on this subject because I feel a long string of expletives wont solve any thing.
If Fox thinks this move will appease the fans for all of the BS over Dollhouse then they are more foolish then originally believed. There is a coming storm but Fox will find it a quiet one. Fox doesn’t respect Joss, they don’t respect the fans and so I will not support them. They are lucky that Glee is over there it’s the last Fox show I watch. They should thanks their lucky stars that they didn’t cancel Glee like they originally wanted to before it got a chance to air.
On the plus side Joss is free of them once again and I hope that he goes independent with Dollhouse or at least with his next project. I can’t wait for Doctor Horrible 2 and other projects out of Joss Whedon Digital Studio.