Great movie for fans of the show and those who like fun, adventure, action movies. Those who hate it will do so because either they forgot how to have fun, they don't get the choices made based on the Eastern philosophy that permeates this project or because the avatar does not give into violence.
Concerning Racebending: After watching The Last Airbender I can let the Racebending issue slide because there is so many other good socially redeeming aspects and lessons in it.
I like some of the changes made especially the ending. The ending in the show bothered me because the Avatar gives into rage and anger killing many as he looses control. This does bother him in the second season and was originally done as a subplot of the avatar learning how to fight back but with non violent resistance. In the movie he does not lash out in rage but instead brilliantly faces his justified emotions and lets them pass through him sublimating them into something constructive and also demonstrating a full mastery and understanding of Waterbending.
There are several scenes depicted in the trailers that did not appear in the movie. Some of those scenes are the Kyoshi Island warriors, the pirates, and Bumi. At first this confused me then Eric pointed out that we may get a longer version for the directors cut with those scenes in it.
- Appa and Momo are great
- They changed the ending for the better
- Did a goog job condensing 22 hours into 2
- Katara was well acted Nicola Peltz did a good job of capturing her sadness with out making her Emo or Mopey
- I love the foreshadowing of General Iroh The Dragon of the West
Theater: I love the series that this movie is based on. The movie trailers looks great. Other then the race bending possible issues I’m really looking forward to watching this movie.
- THE LAST AIRBENDER 3rd Movie Trailer Rocks!
- The Last Airbender Trailer 3
- The Last Airbender: Super Bowl TV Spot
- The Last Airbender Teaser Trailer
The Plot / Story:
Based on the first season of the show The Book of Water Avatar The Last Airbender. Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara a waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, to restore balance to their war-torn world. (Wikipedia) (The Official Site)
- Release Date: JULY 1
- Listed as: action-adventure, fantasy, film
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Director: M. Night Shyamalan
- Produced by: M. Night Shyamalan, Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy, Sam Mercer, scott Aversano
- Written by: M. Night Shyamalan,
- Stars: Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Shaun Toub, Aasif Mandvi, Cliff Curtis
- Race Bending Missing The Point
- Racebending in The Last Avatar: Removing the Excuses
- Racism in The Last Airbender Casting and Margaret Cho
- New High Resolution Photos: The Last Airbender (via /Film)