With a new Conan film forthcoming, I decided to remind myself of one of my earliest Fandoms. Conan The Last Man Standing uses footage from the Conan movies put to the song Last Man Standing by Hammerfall.
This also is the first vid I produced that I approached as a music video maker instead of as a movie maker.
Update: Already entered the top ten at BAM!
Exploring: The Last Airbender
Great movie for fans of the show and those who like fun, adventure, action movies. Those who hate it will do so because either they forgot how to have fun, they don't get the choices made based on the Eastern philosophy that permeates this project or because the avatar does not give into violence.
Concerning Racebending: After watching The Last Airbender I can let the Racebending issue slide because there is so many other good socially redeeming aspects and lessons in it.
I like some of the changes made especially the ending. The ending in the show bothered me because the Avatar gives into rage and anger killing many as he looses control. This does bother him in the second season and was originally done as a subplot of the avatar learning how to fight back but with non violent resistance. In the movie he does not lash out in rage but instead brilliantly faces his justified emotions and lets them pass through him sublimating them into something constructive and also demonstrating a full mastery and understanding of Waterbending.
There are several scenes depicted in the trailers that did not appear in the movie. Some of those scenes are the Kyoshi Island warriors, the pirates, and Bumi. At first this confused me then Eric pointed out that we may get a longer version for the directors cut with those scenes in it.
- Appa and Momo are great
- They changed the ending for the better
- Did a goog job condensing 22 hours into 2
- Katara was well acted Nicola Peltz did a good job of capturing her sadness with out making her Emo or Mopey
- I love the foreshadowing of General Iroh The Dragon of the West
Theater: I love the series that this movie is based on. The movie trailers looks great. Other then the race bending possible issues I’m really looking forward to watching this movie.
- THE LAST AIRBENDER 3rd Movie Trailer Rocks!
- The Last Airbender Trailer 3
- The Last Airbender: Super Bowl TV Spot
- The Last Airbender Teaser Trailer
The Plot / Story:
Based on the first season of the show The Book of Water Avatar The Last Airbender. Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara a waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, to restore balance to their war-torn world. (Wikipedia) (The Official Site)
- Release Date: JULY 1
- Listed as: action-adventure, fantasy, film
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Director: M. Night Shyamalan
- Produced by: M. Night Shyamalan, Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy, Sam Mercer, scott Aversano
- Written by: M. Night Shyamalan,
- Stars: Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Shaun Toub, Aasif Mandvi, Cliff Curtis
- Race Bending Missing The Point
- Racebending in The Last Avatar: Removing the Excuses
- Racism in The Last Airbender Casting and Margaret Cho
- New High Resolution Photos: The Last Airbender (via /Film)
Indiana Jones Wanted Dead Or Alive
I’ve been thinking about doing a Indiana Jones video for a while and came across this vid by Jesuit.
A video in tribute to the latest Indy adventure concerning a Crystal Skull. Footage from all the first three movies (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade) set to Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive. Because Jonesy is a cowboy with his steel horses and whatnot. Inspiration came from an Adam Monroe video I saw set to Behind Blue Eyes, a splitscreen masterpiece which I've recreated best to my ability before slapping some Olde film grain effects on top. As usual with film grain effects though, Youtube butchered it into undetailed blurriness.
It is a perfect example of how to cut clips to the beat of the song. I would love to see a follow up video to Bon Jovi’s ”Blaze Of Glory”.
Doctor Who David Tennant Tribute Vid
I've been trying to find a way to honor Ten and his years after "The End of Time", and this felt like a nice way of doing it. Hopefully, I've made him justice.
This vid is a fun nostalgic return to the adventures of the 10th Doctor Who. The use of Come Sail Away was a good touch to help set the mood. The vid features many of the Doctors companions: Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Sarah Jones, Captain Jack, Jenny and even River Song.
He had such favorable reactions (MUCH love for everyone who commented! Seriously, I can't thank you enough) and I just loved him so much in it that I couldn't just cut him. And, in fact, this turned out to be a very good decision once I managed to figure out an ending for his "B plot", which made a pretty good ending for the vid itself… when the Doc regenerates, his older self isn't gone, he just stays home and watches his current self on the TV. ;)
di0br uses Christopher Eccleston the 9th doctor to knit together all of the other parts of the video. Setting him as someone watching the other vids on a TV flipping channels as a transition between songs. I would have loved to see a moment when Eccleston changed the channel and had Tennant telling him not to blink.
At 7 minutes long it seems long at first but worth watching. The length works as a tribute vid. I would like to see some of the parts made into individual vids themselves.
- “It's the end of the world as we know it” would make a fun vid there are so many scenes to pull from in addition to the ones feature here.
- "Bohemian rhapsody" the use of it with clips from Human Nature was brilliant. I would love to see it expanded to a full vid in itself adding clips from Utopia as well. The anguish of the Master before he is let go would add an interesting element and pull the two events together through the watches.
- A Jack Tubthumping vid just writes it’s self
- "Sympathy for the devil" I wished this song started with Mr Saxon and want a vid of that featuring Mr Saxon and the Master
- Last but not least "I think I'm a clone now" would make a hilarious vid not only looking at the multiple doctors but also the master when he reproduced himself in The End of Time and also use Jenny the Doctors daughter.
FULL TRACK LIST: "Come sail away" by Styx "Kung Fu fighting" by Carl Douglas "Girls just wanna have fun" by Cyndi Lauper "My humps" by the Black Eyed Peas "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M. "All by myself" by Air Supply [*ahem* OOPS evidently, this song is by Eric Carmen, not Air Supply. HUGE thanks to newwen07 for pointing that out to me ;)] "Bohemian rhapsody" by Queen "F**k you" by Lily Allen "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba "Sympathy for the devil" by the Rolling Stones "Lady in red" by Chris DeBurgh "No rain" by Blind Melon "Time after time" by Cyndi Lauper "I think I'm a clone now" by Weird Al Yankovic "Without me" by Eminem "How far we've come" by Matchbox 20 "Changes" by Butterfly Boucher feat. David Bowie PLUS "Vogue" by Madonna and "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley
Underworld - 7 Days To The Wolves Fan Video Remastered
A while back we brought to you a brilliant fan Underworld 7 Days To The Wolves Fan Video. This amazing fan video uses 7 Days to the Wolves by Nightwish as the soundtrack and footage from the three Underworld movies.
- He improves the scene transitions making them seamless.
- The timing is impeccable even the steps are now in time with the music. In particular I love the timing with the moment latter in the video when Selene lands in the water... just spectacular!
- There is now a juxtaposition between the intimate moments of Lucian and Sonja and the torture moments.
SF News Bites: Avengers, Transformers 3, Conan The Barbarian and Mortal Kombat
Producer Kevin Feige confirms the main characters in the Avengers movie. "It’s three people – four including the Hulk; five including Nick Fury – who you’ve seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time.” I can only hope that this movie is as good as Ultimate Avengers animated movie. (via Gay Sci-Fi Nerds)
In the works as expected. Currently Michael Bay is moving along with the script and scouting locations for Transformers 3: Chicago, Detroit, and Washington D.C. I really enjoyed the first two Transformers movies my main concern is in the script. (via SCI FI Wire)
Conan the Barbarian
Jason Momoa has been cast as the New Conan The Barbarian. I'm excited with that pick. Jason's a great guy, talented actor and can physically fill the role of Conan. Most are familiar with him playing as Ronon Dex from Stargate: Atlantis (via /Film)
A Mortal Kombat redo is in the works, they have selected a writer Oren Uziel. The hope at /Film is that he will bring more depth to the Mortal Kombat movies then the previous films. I like the idea of adding more story depth to the Mortal Kombat movies but that can not be at the cost of loosing what made the series so great. They are so much fun to watch.