Critical Rating: 3
Fun Rating: 8
Clash of the Titans is a fun movie to watch. If you are a fan of giant monsters, swords and sorcery, damsels in distress fun action type of movies then this one is for you. If you go expecting great story and a critically good movie then this will fall short.
If you are planning on taking the kids this would be a descent movie. There are no major language or overt sexual references.
Clash of the Titans should be called Earthdawn the Movie. They have a human lead character aided and guided by the passion Garlan. The antagonist is the named horror Nemesis who summons other horrors to stop the lead. The other antagonist is a dishonored Troll who teams up with Nemesis and corrupted by him. As a fan of Earthdawn it's a fun way to look at the movie. Now all we need is for Redbrick to step up their game and make more Earthdawn movies.
Plot / Story:
A retelling of the 1981 film Clash of the Titans. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus is helpless to save his family from Hades. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat the Kraken and then get revenge on Hades.
- It's a fun action adventure story in the vein of Kull the Conqueror, Red Sonja and Conan The Barbarian
- Olympus light effect looks nice
- Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson steal the show. I just wanted to follow them rather then go back to the story.
Dislikes / Concerns
- Effects didn't look so great
- Wire work was obvious with no sense of gravity or weight to the characters.
- Sword Play choreography has some glaring issues.
- Major logical inconsistencies both with the story and in the characters.
More Clash of the Titans on dashPunk