Don Cheadle said he would not do a War Machine Spin off. Why are we even worried about him doing a War Machine spin off? I have not even had a chance to watch his performance of Lt. Colonel James Rhodes.
I really enjoyed Terrence Howard's performance of Lt. Rhodes in the first Iron Man movie. There was a subtle delivery in the body language and facial expression that conveyed the complexity of his character and his feelings toward what was going on. I would like to know that Cheadle can pull off this character in the second movie. Then after that success I would entertain the possibility of a War Machine spin off.
Besides, If so many want a War Machine spin off irregardless of Iron Man two's performances why not bring Terrence Howard back for the project?
Iron Meh 2
Review of Iron Man 2
Overall Rating: 6 out of 10
Iron Man 2 not as bad as Spider Man 3 but falls into same quality category as Electra and Daredevil. It sits on the fence and was focused group to death. If only it would have had a strong story line or just abandoned that and been all action it would have been a much better film. This is a renter.
- Scarlett Johansson stole the show with Black widow she is amazing. Her action scenes were not only great action full of fun gadgets but they bring in an erotic element.
- Samuel L. Jackson was brilliant as Nick fury he rocked.
- Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko has an interesting character who is worth watching. Rourke's homework paid off I love all of the small nuances he gave to the character.
- Wonder twins power activate: When Iron Man and War Machine would shoot at each other at the same time I laughed and thought "wonder twins power activate
Dislikes / Concerns
- Intro credits were a disappointment. Marvel is known for telling an amazing pre-story in their roll in credits and even the Loosers has an amazing intro it should have been a warning for the movie to follow.
- Slow Intro: the movie was boring and horrible until the fight scene between Iron Man and War Machine at Tony Stark's party
- Effects were a hit and miss probably because it took 8 special effects companies. The whole race car scene was atrocious, the physics were horribly off and many parts looked plastic like.
- Whiplash first fight didn't make sense why didn't the car crush him and when Tony Starks car crashes they had a piece of shrapnel's vector was off flying through his head damaging the car behind him but not effecting him at all, they even have his head hit the pavement which should have killed him but no effect.
- Smashing someone with a car against concrete wall should spill guts especially if repeated. Though Tech Wolf pointed out that maybe Whiplash is actually Omega Red and then it makes sense
- Sam Rockwell complete disappointment
- Robert Downey Jr. appears to have "phoned in" his performance which is sad he is usually a brilliant actor who did not even hold his own in the scene with Samuel L. Jackson.
- The final explosions in the movie looked like fireworks
- Rhodey was a dusche in the movie
- The writing is horrible: the A plot line between Justin Hammer and Tony Stark was weak and should have been a B or C line. Tony Stark's father and Shield should have been the A plot line
- I found the use of Captain American's shield offensive
Iron Man 2 Trailer #2
Marvel released the second trailer for Iron Man 2 and it looks better but also feeds some concerns. Watch the trailer above.
Iron Man is an awesome movie that I really enjoyed so it pains me to say that so far the second one doesn't appear to be very inspired from the advertising. Instead of one villain in an Iron Man knock off suit fighting against Tony Stark there appears to be many Iron Man knock off suits fighting Iron Man and War Machine.
We do get to see more about Whiplash from this trailer which helps with the original concerns over the character.
From the trailer they confirm that there will be more Nick Fury and a meeting does excite me.
I do like the clip of the portable Iron Man suit. It unpacks itself and places it's self on Tony Stark. Is this the beginning of the sentient Iron Man suit from the comics?
Iron Monger v Iron Man
With much excitement I watched the last trailer and then realized that maybe we should take a moment to talk about Iron Man's antagonist in the Iron Man movie. Iron Man will have to face off against Obadiah Stane who will be played by Jeff Bridges. A beautifully detailed article and history of Obadiah can be found over at Marvel. Here is the crib note version.
Obadiah Stane is a competing business man to Tony Stark and a supervillain. He is obsessed with chess and decides Tony Stark is a worthy opponent to play a life version of the game. He takes over Stark enterprises after many attempts to destabilize the company and buying up the pieces. After acquiring control of Stark Enterprises Obadiah finds a notebook that later gives him information on the battlesuit. Obadiah has a team of scientists build a suit for himself and takes on the persona of Iron Monger and then goes after Iron Man.
The cool thing is from this still and looking at the latest trailer we will get to see Iron Monger and Iron Man go toe to toe.
New Iron Man Trailer
There is a new Iron Man trailer out that features the suit's flight feature. See it in the Project:Shadow HQ. I can't wait for this movie. Only a little over a month to go till May 2nd.
This trailer is exciting with some new footage in it. ***Spoiler alert*** They show some new clips of Tony Stark testing the flight feature on the suit including a moment when the jets fail. We get to see him catch a car! There is also a very brief glimpse of a suit feature where his fist powers up for a powerful punch!
Iron Man Invincible Comic
Marvel announced that an all new ongoing comic series titled Invincible Iron Man will launch latter in the month of May. I wish they would have green-lighted this project for an animated series either for TV or direct to DVD. This will follow the May 2nd premier of the Iron Man Movie and although it will benefit from the movie hype and excitement if they had done it as a series they could have really launched something to fill the void left behind by the writer's strike. The picture is the Cover by Joe Quesada which is planned for the first issue cover. The cover graphics are exciting and compelling and hope that the rest of the artwork matches.
The Invincible Iron Man will be written by Matt Fraction and penciled & cover by Salvador Larroca & Joe Quesada.
Tony Stark – Iron Man, billionaire industrialist and director of S.H.I.E.L.D. – faces the most overwhelming challenge of his life. Ezekiel Stane, the son of Tony's late business rival and archenemy Obadiah, has set his sights, his genius and his considerable fortune on the task of destroying Tony Stark and Iron Man. What's worse, he's got Iron Man tech, and he's every bit Iron Man's equal and opposite…except younger, faster, smarter…and immeasurably evil.
I really like Iron man but question his opponent in this series and how tight of a story it will make. But "Have faith true believer" and I do look forward to more info.