Have you ever wondered if the streotypes associated with various genres of music were true? Professor Adrian North from Heriot-Watt University corolated data from 36,000 people and founs that I, as a metal fan am/have:
Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease (BBC NEWS)
Well, how did they do?
- Low self-esteem- yep, that is me.
- creative- i do have 2 books out.
- not hard-working- wait, what? I work 12 - 16 hours a day, and I pour my heart and soul into it, and o, hell, this sentence is just too long you can figure out the rest.
- not outgoing- I am a bit of a wallflower. I am very shy.
- gentle- ok, i can see that one.
- at ease- laid back hippy, yep that's me
Ok, they got lucky. They list quite a few other musical genres, and I am curious whether they feel right to you. I am glad they did not resort to simple stereotypes. How predictive is it for you?
My name is Charlie, but if your looking for my work, I go by C. E. Dorsett. I write scifi, fantasy, and a touch of horror. I like to play with gothic, steampunk, decopunk, epic fantasy, and wuxia. I love to tell stories and talk about books, movies, series, and music.