by C.E. Dorsett
I stole the title from Margaret Cho's Revolution (DVD/CD), but it really means something to me. I may never have the most popular blog in the world, and I might never sell as many books as Stephen King, but as long as I keep writing I have a voice. I leave some record that I was here. I can document my life, no matter what anyone thinks.
Whether I find a sympathetic eye or not, I spoke up:
A Vote for George W Bush is a Vote Against Me
I don't care what your reason is, the fact remains the same. This man wants to write discrimination against me into the Federal Constitution. He has threatened to veto any bill that would make terrorism directed at the gay community illegal (Hate Crimes Legislation). He wants maintain the gay community's second class status by undermining and threatening to veto the workplace anti-discrimination act, that would give me, and those like me the right to not be fired because of my orientation. He calls these things “Special Rights.” They are rights that heterosexual people take for granted.
If you elect him, you get the whole package, including the Loyalty Oaths you have to sign to be in his presence.
More than Just One Man
This is not just about one man, it is about ideology. All Neo-conservatives believe that gay people are not deserving of basic human rights. They believe that no one should ever receive a free education. That is the true story about vouchers. They want to give people money to send their kids to private schools. When enough students have left the public school system, they close it down and take away the voucher. Don't take my word for it, look at Senegal and Argentina. These are countries that they have already forced to adopt these policies.
They are Fascists
“Fascism, in many respects, is an ideology of negativism: anti-liberal, anti-socialist, anti-Communist, anti-democratic, anti-egalitarian, etc. As a political and economic system in Italy, it combined elements of corporatism, totalitarianism, nationalism, and anti-communism (Wikipedia, Fascism).”
Can you find a better definition of the Neo-cons (see Wikipedia Neoconservatism)? If they are not full out Fascists, they are dangerously close. Too close for my own comfort.
I'm not Being Provocative
I am not trying to be radical or provocative. I have a love for language, and what I see coming from the White House, Congress, and Senate scares me. Very few people have been discussing the dangerous trajectory this Neo-con Republican Party is taking our country. Check the record:
- Self evident.
- Bush filed the suit to stop the recount in Florida (see Timeline)
- Patriot Act
- Operation Tips
- Tom DeLay, the more you know about him the more that makes sense.
- Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000, gave special rights to religious organizations in regard to land use and ownership
- Houses of Worship Free Speech Restoration Act, which thank God has not passed, would give religious organizations special rights over other tax exempt entities to take political Action.
- Office of Faith Based Initiatives, gives money to charities that violate the Federal Anti-discrimination law, who could have, like Catholic Charities, received money by deciding to follow Federal law, and not practice discrimination or use the money to build churches, or to proselytize.
- The Federal Marriage Amendment, would right discrimination into the constitution to deny a class of citizens their right to marry.
- Support for Racial Profiling
- Bush's energy policy, written by the energy industry
- Bush's Clear Sky Initiative
- Loyalty Oaths
- Patriot Act
- Have not seen all of the pledges, flags, and God Bless Americas, the party wraps itself in the flag every time they are questioned
Fascists Not Nazis
I am not calling the Neo-cons Nazis! They have been dodging the argument by saying they are not anti-Semitic, and they haven't killed millions of people. Well of course not! That is not what we are taking about. I am concerned with the Fascistic tendencies of the Neo-cons. I have laid out a calm and rational case for the similarities between the two ideologies.
(sigh) I'm Finished
These are the things that keep me up at night. I am horrified by the direction our country is going. I have to speak up. I have to speak out. Maybe it makes you uncomfortable for me to say what is on my mind... but maybe that is a good thing. I am uncomfortable at what I see happening around me, but I can't look away. Neither can you. Whether you agree or not, make sure you examine carefully what I have to say. To do otherwise would be a disservice to yourself.
My name is Charlie, but if your looking for my work, I go by C. E. Dorsett. I write scifi, fantasy, and a touch of horror. I like to play with gothic, steampunk, decopunk, epic fantasy, and wuxia. I love to tell stories and talk about books, movies, series, and music.